mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

2008 Infiniti G37 coupe is comatose. Won't start. A new

Customer Question

2008 Infiniti G37 coupe is comatose. Won't start. A new battery was placed in the car less than two months ago. Three weeks ago, this happened, and car mysteriously worked again but went comatose once more. I initially thought it was a dead key battery, which I also replaced. Tried replacing it once more and it just won't work. No engine lights or warning lights noting any mechanical issues have ever flashed on the vehicle.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping to get the car home without waiting on a tow service.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: I have a feeling it's still the key. I've made the mistake of exposing he key to heat, steam and water and am hoping it's just a damaged key
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

are you hearing anything when you try ot start it? any click or anything?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No clicking. It's like pressing the start button to an unplugged computer

but you are able to get the vehicle to power up and the radio and all that works?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No radio, no lights doors, or locks... Nothing.

can you access the battery and ensure the terminals are secured tightly if you can wiggle one off the connection may be too weak. the vehicle regardless of the key should power up and maybe say no key present or something like that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll check that right now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just did and now everything is working. I'll make sure to check those again when I get home with some tools to ensure they are tight!!! Wow!!! Thanks!!!!

no problem if you could leave me a rating it would be appreciated it is how i am compensated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I most definitely will!!!

and let me know when you get home all follow ups are free even after you give me a rating.

if you have a moment i would appreciate a positive rating.