Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

2005 nissan pathfinder 4.0 4x4. Bought the truck at auction.

Customer Question

2005 nissan pathfinder 4.0 4x4. Bought the truck at auction. I went to driving home and the engine light was on and the transmission was stuck in 3rd gear. I get back to the garage and find codes u1000 u1001 p0340 p1757.I replace both cam sensors and the p0340 is gone. I remove valve body and fix the broke wire to the brake solenoid now the p1757 is gone. But still has u1000 u1001, and trans still in limp
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 8 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

can you reset the code and if so when do they come back

did you check to see if the coolant was mixing with trans fluid you can check the over flow bottle for milky looking fluid

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had the valvebody down to repair the p1757 code. No coolant mix. The u1000 and u1001 codes comes back immediately

can you communicate with all the units in the car

is the code in ecm or tcm

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Only codes are u1000 u1001 in engine, and u1000 in meter. Trans says no codes, but all the data just shows 0.00volts and all solenoids off. Also, the dash won't show current gear. Didn't do that when I drove it home I don't think.

ok check the fuses inside the glove box and under the hood for at control if they are good you will need to replace the tcm the because they is no data from it and you have a communication problem with the unit if the truck start the the power and ground to the unit is fine .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All fuses are good and with power. Is there a circuit testing procedure. I can't come to terms with replacement on a tcm by just fuse testing and live data
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The 4x4 light is on. And the 4x4 switch isn't working ethier. It was before I pulled the valve body down. Wire issue?

you cant get any live data the computer is not putting gout anything the starter circuit is control by the tcm so if the truck start then the tcm can do some work but is not putting out any data

you can check power and ground to the tcm but like i say you have power and ground if not the car would not start because the tcn control the starter circuit

also this is very common for the tcm to go on this car

the tcm in built into the valve body so are you sure you did not have more then one broken wire ??

the other thing is if the can wires are broken at the tcm the STARTER WILL NOT WORK so the can wires are good

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll pull it back out and check. I could have broke something.

ok if not you need a valve body let me know if you have any more questions and please rate the service before you go s this is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

please remember to rate the service as this is the only way i can get pay for helping thanks.