Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Have a 05 Altima and I replaced the passenger headlight but

Customer Question

have a 05 Altima and I replaced the passenger headlight but didn't install correctly and it arced and below the low beam fuse. I replaced the fuse and properly installed a new bulb but now the car wont start. turns over but acts like its not getting gas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: my thought process went to relays but then asked myself why would it have taken out the fuel pump relay. unhooked negative on battery to try and reset computer but didn't work. buddy told me that he had one that he replaced a fuse on and it triggered some sort of safety lock out
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: not sure where to go
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Test light to check all fuses?

Also when the key is turned to the ON position, is the security light on solid?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tested the fuses and all is good. not sure about the security light
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

All the fuses in the IPDM, by the Battery and the inside fuse box?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry, hello jay, I'm Ronnie. check all under hood in relay box.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

No problem Ronnie, If you can just double check fuses inside the car and check that security light for me when the key is in the ON position.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cant right now not with car
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

ok.. I will hold this question open till you can check.

Just return back to this question after you have checked.

Ok?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
maybe tomorow, is that ok? if you are able(###) ###-#### ***** not then if all the fuses are good and the security light is on what would be my course of action? if the light is off and fuses are good?
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Tomorrow is fine. Please do not add any of your private information in this question window.

We can go over more things tomorrow. It is hard to predict direction with out knowing some things first.

If you would like to speak with me, you can always request or accept the Premium Service.

I will be around tomorrow evening into the night. Talk to you then.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just doesn't make sense...only thing that was done was headlight replacement. yes I shorted it and blew a fuse but that's why the fuses are there to protect the components. plan to change the relays in the morning...ie headlight lo and hi and fuel pump. but still confused
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks and sorry, just frustrated. maybe tomorrow be frustrated enough to go premium but thanks and talk with you tomorrow. so just leave this window up until tomorrow? what time will you be back on line. and how long will you be tonight. may drive back to shop tonight
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I understand that. Also let me know if the cooling fans come on when the key is turned on. That could indicating that the IPDM or ECM has failed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If you want to close it, all you need to do is log back in to JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions to return

Your user name and password ***** have been emailed to you

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

I should be online around 4 pm EST till 10 or 11 pm.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
haven't received username or password *****
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Then before you close this out, go into your account settings to look at the information.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks got it set up. talk tomorrow
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

You got it. Talk to you tomorrow