Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

My name is ***** ***** and my Radio went out on my 06

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and my Radio went out on my 06 altima. I think it is power related. there is no voltage on the wiring harness (white plug in) that plugs into the back of the Radio. the pin that is suppose to have constant 12v does not and the pin that has 12v for illumination does not but the switched 12v pin does have 12v when the key is on. I have checked the fuse and it seems they are ok. But the fuse box by the battery is confusing to me. it seems there is a large fuse that i cannot tell if it is ok.??? Can you help me? I am very handy with running a 12v wire off of the fuse box directly to the radio if needed. This is a altima that seems to have some wiring problems. My left head light went out and it was the voltage to the light not the bulb. I had to run a wire from the passenger head light to the driver light to fix the problem because i didn't want to start tracing wires. Thanks for any help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The radio just started to act as if it didn't have a good antinna connection and then it went out. it was a few months before i could check on it and checked the fuses. the fuses by the battery has small regular fuses and they are all ok and then some larger plastic clear boxes that look like large fuse boxes of some sort. are they fuses? No power comes on the radio when it is pluged is and the car is running. no light comes on either. ???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you have a Test light to check fuses for power? Also did you check fuses under the hood as well?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a test light and I checked the fuses by the battery and the ones on the other side (by the intake on the fluid container for the windshield washer). as well as under the dash
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

All fuses check good with the test light? Both sides of each audio fuses have power?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will need some time. can I get back with you later???
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Sure, I will be online till around 6, then back online around 7pm est till late tonight
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Your welcome.. Talk to you later..

Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Never heard back from you. How did you make out?