Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2004 murano, today i was driving loss power but

Customer Question

I have a 2004 murano, today i was driving loss power but didnt shut the engine off... pulled over, put some gas (was at 1/4 til empty) filled it up and ran as nothing happened. Could this be a fuel pump issue?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What other details would be good?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 8 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

is the service engine soon light on ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, no lights on. As soon as i filled the tank with gas, it ran like nothing happened.

there is a good chance that the fuel level sensor is bad causing the gauge to read incorrectly the tank was most likely lower then what was on the gauge you could also have some water in the tank that would sit at the bottom of the tank is the level get too low the pump can suck up water and cause this .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would you recommend replacing the pump? Or what can be done to repair this?

i would add sea fume to the tank of gas this will get rid of the water

you can get it at the auto store .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you guide me on how to do that? Ot where to get one? Im totally unaware of these things. Can i juat buy that at any autoshop and follow directions? Also, what if i add it and it does it again?

just fill the tank with gas buy the sea fume at the auto store and pure the bottle in the tank and drive the car

hi i see you did not rate the service and because of that i did not get pay if you could please come back and rate the service so i can get pay thanks.