peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I just tried to start my car and the lights and radio come

Customer Question

Hi, I just tried to start my car and the lights and radio come on nut when i push the start button the starter makes a clicking noise and will not turn over to start the car. 2012 nissan altima 2.5 sl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This is thw first time, i just bought it feb. 2 and the starter never made sounds before When i try to rurn the car on it wont crank up and all the lights flicker off.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like the common fault of a weak or dead battery issue here.I have seen the battery act up/fail like this before in the past needing recharged or replaced to correct this fault here.I would have the battery and alternator tested to see if either is at fault here as well as the battery cables checked to make sure they are clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they run and connect to.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks I took it to auto zone and got both the battery and alternator tested. The alternator was good, but the battery had a bad cell so I bought a new battery and replaced it.

Has the problem been resolved now with the battery replacement?

Let me know,thanks Pete.