I have a 1992 Nissan heater fan is not going on.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 1992 Nissan heater fan is not going on. It was intermittent for a while. Now it is not working at all. I check the fuses and replaced the resistor...I have taken out the fan and hooked it to the battery and it goes on. So it seems to work. I checked all connections and all seems good. What do you think it can be? Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Volt Meter to check to see if the blower motor connector is getting power and ground when commanded to operate? Please try all speeds. I am mainly looking to see if speed 4 has voltage.

Let me know

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have a volt meter...but when I check to see if there is power going to the fan plug I am getting power through one wire but not the other.
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.

1 wire is power, the other is ground. So we need to check power and ground at the blower motor connector with a volt meter.

I have seen plenty of blower motors that have high resistance and will not operate when power is supplied to them. But will run when directly connected to the battery. So this is why I would like to focus on checking power and ground at the blower motor connector.

If you do not have a volt meter, then you would need to see if someone you know has one so they can check or let you borrow it so you can check.

Do you know anyone that has one?