Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

AC fan on 99-200 pathfinder started running at gh speed

Customer Question

AC fan on 99-200 pathfinder started running at high speed unable to adjust by fan switch. When ignition on ran full then stopped and would all of a sudden come on. now it will not come on at all
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet was looking on internet for solutions or direction to start
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no I have replaced the blower motor once b4 about 1 1/2 yrs ago and all was good
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** would point toward the fan switch itself failing. Unplug the fan switch and jump the black wire to the light blue/white wire, this should cause fan to come on at high speed. If fan comes on at high speed then replace the fan switch. If it doesn't come on then you may have a couple problems. If it doesn't come on with wires jumped, leave wires jumped and disconnect the blower motor. At blower motor the light blue wire should have power and light blue/white wire should have ground. If both are good but blower isn't turning on replace the blower motor. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.