sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Qg 15 ecm pin out, Its not really a issue was just wondering

Customer Question

Qg 15 ecm pin out for rpm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its not really a issue was just wondering if I could wire a rpm tachometer to a Nissan qg 15
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Yes, you could install an aftermarket tach but you would have to use an adapter to make it work with the coil on plug ignition system. HERE is an example of the adapter you would need. This wires to the coils and creates a signal that the tach will recognize.