Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

I have a 94 Nissan Quest (143K) and it is blowing blue

Customer Question

I have a 94 Nissan Quest (143K) and it is blowing blue smoke. I brought it in to a local mechanic and he changed the valve cover gaskets and plugs ($620) and that didn't work. He then ran an oil service made by BG that is supposed to take and hour and they do things at certain times (to seal the seals) and drain the oil, etc ($140). That didn't work either. Do you have any other suggestions? The van has a lot of miles and I don't want to put that much more into it. Please reply to***@******.***.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No, it runs well otherwise. No dash warning lights are on.
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem'

with it blowing blue some that is excessive oil being burnt which there are only 3 ways it can burn oil like this

1 ) oil being sucked into the fresh air system or PCV into the intake

2 ) bad valve guides or valve seals

3 ) stuck or worn out oil rings on the pistons

did they run some engine restore in the engine oil and have you drive it for 50 miles or so to see if that cuts down on the smoke as that will unstick oil rings usually

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer