Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My battery terminals are corroded real bad on my 2006 Nissan

Customer Question

My battery terminals are corroded real bad on my 2006 Nissan Quest minivan, what and how can I clean them and what can I do to prevent it from happening again without spending any money
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you have any tools?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The way I clean batteries is fairly simple. First open the hood then start the engine. Get a bottle of Simple Green cleaner. Spray the terminals and soak them good. Then I take a garden hose with a spray nozzle and spray the terminals down and they come out looking almost new.

What you can do to protect them is after you cleaned it drive the van so the area dries out and get a can of battery terminal protector and sealer. Spray the terminals with that and it will prevent the corrosion from developing.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any more questions on this?