Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

My automatic door opener side doors r squeaking real bad is

Customer Question

My automatic door opener for my side doors r squeaking real bad is there anything that I can do to stop it from squeaking
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

I would start by greasing the tracks for the doors. The upper and lower tracks might need some lube to help the slides work properly. If you open the doors you can see the tracks. I would try silicone lube on the top tracks and regular bearing grease in the bottom tracks.

If the motors and cables are the cause of the noise, then you will have to remove the rear inner trim pieces on the sides and try silicone spray on the cables. I suspect the tracks may be dry though and causing the noise since they are more prone to the weather then the internal motor and cable.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Thought I would check in and see how you made out or if you needed further assistance with this?