Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and the temperature is not

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and the temperature is not changing. The "air mix gear door drive" as shown in the figure on
Is not turning. It's as if the gear itself is stuck or the wire is not strong enough to pull it. I can manually adjust it with my hand, but the cable operated gear doesn't move it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

Look at the cable housing up under the dash If it's come out of the clip then the housing will move and not the cable. If the housing is still clipped like it should be, then the control head with the dial on it has to be replaced.

Since you can adjust it with your hand, we know that the blend door itself is fine. This is a good thing because you don't have to remove the heater box.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!