Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

04 nissan quest driving cut off on road check one of the

Customer Question

04 nissan quest driving cut off on road check one of the coil burne up check gas pump that was good getting fire but car just wont star
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i change the ecm. crank sensor still not staring what can cause it not to star
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuel pump ecm crank sensor check fuze i got fire
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: not right now
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You said the coil was melted? Is that correct? Where did you buy the Crank Sensor you installed? Did you change the Cam Sensors as well?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

When the coils burn up, that is due to a broken ground cable. Where the negative battery cable comes off the battery, it then goes to the frame to a 10 mm bolt, then to the transmission to a 14 mm bolt. It breaks or almost breaks at the transmission. When this happens it builds up to much heat in the ground circuit and the first circuit that is affected by this is the ignition circuit ( meaning the coils ).

Now the not so good news.

To resolve this, the negative battery cable needs to be replaced and all 6 coils. Failure to replace all 6 coils will result in this issue to continue to happen..