Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I received my code from Auto Zone and they sold me 2 oxygen

Customer Question

Hi my name is Gayle
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I received my code from Auto Zone and they sold me 2 oxygen sensors. I took them to Midas to have them installed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What codes number are you getting and what year and model Nissan is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P2A00 2006 Nissan Altima s oxygen sensor
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

2.5 engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased 2 oxygen sensors
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Is this a 4 cylinder or V6?

The front 02 sensor is not really a 02 sensor. It's called a Air Fuel Ratio Sensor. It's like a 02 sensor but the connector is very different.

So I am assuming this is a 4 cylinder and you wanted to just replace them both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V4 and yes
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Is this the same exact code you had before the two sensors were installed? Did they clear the codes after they installed the sensors?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Just trying to get some history on your issue. The reason is because some times when the 02 sensors are removed, they can get seized to the exhaust manifold. When this happens the threads can get damaged. If the sensor is just threaded in when the threads are damaged, it could not seal properly which allows outside air into the exhaust which can cause this code.

Other wise, it could be that it is a after market electrical part and that is not operating to specification. When ever it comes to electrical parts, after market are known not to work 80% of the time. Where when you get parts from the dealer, they work properly 90%. So I would double check the 02 sensors to verify there is no leak. If no leak, then you most likely got bum sensor from Auto Zone, which is not uncommon.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased new parts
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I understand that. Did you read what I typed about after market electrical parts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read the part about him not clearing the code?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You never told me that they did not clear the code. I asked you that but did not get a reply on that.

Do you want to clear the code yourself and see if it returns?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

This is the most detail I have gotten from you on this issue. I did not know they did not clear the code.

" Hi my name is Gayle

I received my code from Auto Zone and they sold me 2 oxygen sensors. I took them to Midas to have them installed "

To Clear the codes yourself, disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins. This will erase all radio pre-sets and clock. But will clear the code.

If you have remote start let me know before disconnecting the battery.

Lets do that and let me know how you make out.. Ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do it tomorrow
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok.. Just return back to this question and let me know how you make out

Then Rate me if you are satisfied with my help.. Sound good?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

To return back to this question all you need to do is log into JustAnswer.com and go to my questions to return back to this question.

Your user name and password ***** have been emailed to you.

Ok?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Checking in to see how you are making out? I have not heard back from you!

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello?