Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My daughter has a 2008 Nissian Altima 2.5 that won't start.

Customer Question

My name is April. My daughter has a 2008 Nissian Altima 2.5 that won't start. you put your foot on the brake to push the button to start all you here is a few clicks under the hood we think and then the fan comes on. We've replaced the starter and solenoid and the battery so far. Do you have any ideas we watch so many YouTube videos and read so many different forms I think we're going crazy LOL thanks again A desperate mom in Texas.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The day that the car quit working she had pulled in the driveway after going to two stores earlier in the day stopping going no issue starting the car with no issue, then that evening when she tried to leave again the car would not start she pushed the button and all you could hear were a few clicks under the hood and then the car fan would come on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The engine fans come on as soon as you turn the ignition on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No first you can hear 5 or more clicks then it comes on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Rapid clicking? Then the engine fans come on?

If you do not push down on the brake pedal and just turn the ignition on, does the engine fans come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure about to go too her house and will let you no
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay I'm here at my daughter's house
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok.. When you try to start the car are you getting a rapid clicking noise? or a Single Click?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rapid
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. That is a indication of a weak battery. You will need to jump start the car to get it running. Once you get it running, give it a good ride to charge back up and then you are going to want to have the battery tested and replaced as needed.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already did that
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Rapid clicking is a weak battery. If you tried jump starting the car, I would try again with a different set of cables or try checking their connection.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

How did you make out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We dropped it off at a shop here in town. Thanks for your help. Hopefully we will no something in the morning I will post soon as i hear.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

ok.. Cool. Let me know what they find.