tracker40
tracker40, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified,35 years experience, Shop owner, electrical specialist
13677702

Ive never used my emergency brake, and I did today and I 't

Customer Question

Ive never used my emergency brake, and I did today and I don't know how to release it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my emergency brake won't release. Is there away to release it. I have a 2004 nissan Xterra
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried pushing down on the emergency brake to hopefully release it but it wont budge
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: is there a lever or something
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  tracker40 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you should have a parking brake release handle to the lower right of the steering column. I have included a link showing the release , it is item B in the picture