peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2011 nissan murano. Rear hatch will not unlock or power

Customer Question

2011 nissan murano. Rear hatch will not unlock or power open. Checked fuse OK. Mark
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you hear any clicking or operating noises at all from the rear hatch area when trying to open it?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Problem began by hatch not powering down and latching. So we manually closed the hatch and the latch would not latch. After applying grease to latch we got it to latch manually. Now will not unmatched or power open. Mark

I apologize for the delay.

Double check that fuses 6 (10 amp) and 3 (10 amp) are both o.k.There is also a 30 amp fuse J (which may be located in a separate fuse box possibly under hood) make sure its o.k.

These fuses power the automatic back door control unit.If any of these fuses are blown this can cause this fault here.

If the fuses are o.k. the next step that has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.From there the codes are diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.This may be an issue with the automatic back door control unit itself as I have seen fail before needing replaced on some models.The codes will need checked using a scan tool that can communicate with all computer in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete