Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My alarm t the kill switch and my truck won't start what do

Customer Question

My alarm hit the kill switch and my truck won't start what do I need to do. 2002 exttera
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

do you have a factory or aftermarket alarm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After market alarm
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried removing or unplugging the alarm control unit?

Likely a black box under the drivers side of the dash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. They said the lock part of it is defective and the overload hit the fuel pump kill switch where is that located and how do I turn it back on
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

There is no way for me to know with an aftermarket alarm, there are tons of aftermarket variants. A factory alarm is a completely different story as I have detailed wiring diagrams and experience with those.

In most cases when a customer has an aftermarket alarm issue and no wiring diagrams to provide us for reference then we will REMOVE the aftermarket alarm to bring it back to factory wiring to fix the issue.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

if the aftermarket alarm was for sure using fuel cut at the pump and you were uncomfortable disconnecting, you could bypass the alarm system running a new power wire from the relay to the pump.