Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My car Nissan Tiida yesterday into the flood. Water came

Customer Question

Hi this is Ganesh, my car Nissan Tiida yesterday into the flood. Water came inside the car and it immediately stopped luckily my and my friends moved out of the car after some time we toe the car kept aside from water. Let me know how to drain the water from inside and my insurance said natural perils are not covered as per my policy. My email id***@******.***
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

First thing you want to do is disconnect the battery. Then you are going to want to remove the interior to dry it out. Then to get the water out you will need a Wet Vac to suck all the water out. You won't be able to get it all, but you will be able to get most of it. Then you need a Dehumidifier to put in the car to absorb the rest of the moisture. Once you have dried out the car inside, you want to go through the harness connectors and blow them dry and add dye electrical grease to the connectors to keep corrosion from developing.

That is want you will need to do to dry out the inside. But if the car died in the water, it is very possible there could be engine issues as well. But you will need to dry out the car first, then connect the battery and see if the car will start.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My vehicle is dead now, battery not disconnected but vehicle is off. How do I proceed
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Well, you want to still proceed the way I outlined. But while the battery is disconnected charge it. Sponges also work to get some water out of the car as well after the carpet is removed and seats.

Do you have any more questions on this?