Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Ramsey nissan pathfinder 2006 vibration loss of power car

Customer Question

ramsey nissan pathfinder 2006 vibration loss of power car recently had new rear springs new wheel bearing rear n/s and service mechanics suggest injector? engine mount? transmission ? gyrascope problem? ticks over smoothly goes well then suddenly will not pick up and vibrates.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: changed fuel filter goes smoothly then vibrates feels like in too high a gear ! on one occasio doing steady 50-60 big bang
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

This sounds like it could be a siezed caliper. Did you take it back to the shop that did the work?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No since then fully serviced and new breaks why would caliper cause vibration and power loss intermittantly?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Well I have seen calipers seize which will cause the vibration and it will also feel like the car is loosing power cause the brakes are stuck on and holding you back.

Did you take it back to the mechanic to recheck his work?