Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Im trying to fix my cruse control in my Nissan Frontier,

Customer Question

Im trying to fix my cruse control in my Nissan Frontier
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well it worked just fine a week ago, and now it just stopped working. When I push the button, the light comes on but it wont set to a speed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well I want to first see if its something I can fix myself or if I have to take it in to a shop
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no everything else works fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Nissan Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year Frontier is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The cruise control turns on correct? It just won't set?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes on but won't set
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

First thing I would check is the cruise control cancel switch. This is a switch down by the brake pedal by the brake switch. This is what detects the brake pedal is being pressed to cancel the cruise control when it does set. When the switch is bad, it won't set. So I would check this switch first. It's actually a cheap part. It's like 30 bucks. So I would start by saying I would replace that switch and then see if the cruise control operates.

Do you want me to keep this question open till you can perform this to let me know the out come?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please keep this open I'll try a new switch pending I can find it
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, to return back to this question, all you need to do is log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Your user name and password ***** have been emailed to you.

Ok?