Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When I start the car, there is a blinking square with "key"

Customer Question

When I start the car, there is a blinking square with "key" inside it.???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's the whole problem. This is a recent problem. This only occurs when I turn the key to start. Thinking it needed batteries, I pulled the tab on the back. Out came a key. But it's meant to start the car, I can's figure out how to insert it.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I hate the local Nissan dealership, and I live on a very tight budget.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, other than finding out that there is a real key inside the key fob
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: It is a 2011 model with only 10,000 miles on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

hi what year and model is you car ?

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

i see the year but no model

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

also what color is the light ?