peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I lost the chip key that enables my truck to start, the one

Customer Question

I lost the chip key that enables my truck to start, the one underneath the steering column. Is there a way I can bypass this, please help I'm stuck
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have an after market alarm system look under the dash area for a button or toggle switch and switch on the ignition then push the button or flip the toggle switch and this should disable the theft system.

If this is a factory alarm/theft system unfortunately there is no way to bypass it.The fault would need to be identified with the security system then repaired/replaced to correct the issue before the vehicle will start again.I wish I had better news on this for you here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

This year truck does not have a chip key. So there is no immobilizer system keeping the truck from starting.

What is the truck doing exactly?

If there is an aftermarket alarm installed though this can affect starting as I had posted above.If you do not have an after market alarm installed at all then you can reply to Jay if you like from here.

Thanks Pete