Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1998 nissan frontier and i accidntly locked my ket

Customer Question

I have a 1998 nissan frontier and i accidntly locked my ket in the truck .luckly we got the door open with a slim jim but alarm still going off. i know to disarm it is to put key in drivers door but the problem is my key has a crack in it and i dont want it to snap in half b 4 i can get another one made so how can i disable the alarm. so i can at least drive home and to get key replaced in the a.m.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Both from door lock cylinders have a tamper switch to turn off the factory alarm. If the key is strong enough to turn in the ignition, it should be strong enough to cycle the key in the door lock to turn off the alarm.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me.

That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!