Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My stx550 broke a wire to to my abs, I have fixed the wire

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My stx550 broke a wire to to my abs, I have fixed the wire but I still can't get 4wd and abs light is staying on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I just need to have computer reset
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the lights are staying on the the system is still seeing a problem. You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable to clear them and if the return then there is still a problem and In order to determine why the ABS and 4 WD light are coming on the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the system and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when these light are coming on. If you can get that done and post back with them as well as the year your STX is I will try and help you get this done.