Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Okay about 2 weeks ago my radio sat nav when dead but will

Customer Question

Okay about 2 weeks ago my radio sat nav when dead but will periodically come back on then souls like they are grounding out.
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: What
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Okay on top of the deck my battery is dieing every night if I leave the ground connected. I have pulled every fuse but I can't track down then .07 ma drain
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No no if I can sort this electric issue out I'll be fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are doing the draw test, are you waiting 30 mins for the BCM to go to sleep to help isolate the draw?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

If you have pulled all fuses inside, and all fuses under the hood and in the IPDM. Then I would disconnect the meter and while the battery is disconnected, remove the 12 mm nut for the Alternator and pull that cable off. Then re-hook up the meter and recheck. If you still have a draw, then I would disconnect the cable to the starter from the Fusible link and recheck that.

You could have a Alternator or starter causing the draw.

Do you have any more questions on this?