peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My stereos system works but resets everytime is shut the

Customer Question

my stereos system works but resets everytime is shut the acr
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it seems like there is a fuse dedicated for maintaining the electric flow to stereo while engine si off that is blown but i cannot locate it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking into fuse box but i cannot identify which-one it is
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have a 2008 nissan altima and it seems like there a dedicated fuse for the battery drain while the engine is off . the stereo works but the clock and presets get lost ever time is hut the car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the stereo works well when the car is on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i cannot locate that fuse
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me if this model has navigation or a bose radio with bose either on the speaker covers or radio face plate?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
none of the above it has a standard stereo
seemingly there is a dedicated fuse to control the line that provides energy to the stereo while the engine is off in order to keep the clock and presets powered

According to my info there is a 15 amp (fuse 24) that provides the radio constant power to feed the radio to store presets and other functions.If this fuse has blown it will need replaced.If the fuse is o.k. then the radio needs removed and the wire in terminal 19 at the radio connector tested for power/voltage with the key off and on.If there is voltage on this wire then the radio itself is at fault internally needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete