Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I am trying to replace the blower motor relay on my 2007

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the blower motor relay on my 2007 Nissan 350Z based on an issue I researched that is likely to be the problem. That is, many times, either for heating or cooling, the air does not come on in my car. Then with the fan switch already in an "on" position, totally randomly when I'm driving, it sometimes turns on and starts blasting air, and then the heat or the cold both seem to work fine until the next time. My issue is that for the life of me, I cannot seem to see how I can pull out the fuse box to access the blower motor relay behind it. Can you help describe how I can remove it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I would love to tell you where the Relay is, but this car does not have a blower motor relay. It has a control unit that fan control amp that is part of the blower motor that help it's operation.

Do you have a volt meter? Can you read a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hmm, i have read many answers online that confirms that there is a blower motor relay on my car and that replacing it has fixed the issue. for example, http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/30694b6415b64a0c986baa41050ba572 is one in which the mechanic confirmed that the wiring diagram didn't show it, but he knew that it had one based on previous experience with g35. I do have a volt meter, and I can probably struggle through a wiring diagram.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Did you read that whole question? The result was a fuse. They swapped relays and it did not resolve the issue. Because it does not have a fan relay.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

But if your blower motor is coming on randomly and then working. It's of course not a fuse.

Do you have a volt meter and can you read a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that was one example that showed a mechanic confirmed there is a blower motor relay, but there are many others on google. but let me just ask, if there is no blower motor relay, what is your recommendation? I do have a volt meter, and I can probably struggle through a wiring diagram.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Technically he didn't. Trust me. I have been working on these cars for over 24 years. If there was something wrong with the wiring diagrams, Nissan would have made the correction in the manual. This car has not had a blower motor relay since introduced in 03.

All we need to do if you have a volt meter is check the blow motor for power and ground when it's not operating. If you have all power and all ground, the blower motor has the blower motor amp as part of it. So the blower motor would need to be changed.

If you are missing a power source, then it would be the unified meter /AC Amp. Pin 1 of course will most likely have power. Pin 3 will most likely have ground. Pin 2 is the one to check. That will tell you if your blower motor is your issue or not.

Here is the wiring diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20ATC.pdf

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I ask where I would access all of these? blower motor to test power? also replacing unified meter /AC amp?
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Here is the locations. The blower motor to access it, you should be able to get it from the underside of the passenger side. You don't need to remove the glove box.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1d.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1c.jpg

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!