Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

If the engine fuse box gets wet or if its submersed under

Customer Question

If the engine fuse box gets wet or if its submersed under water would you consider it defective
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The part is water resistant. If it's submerged for 5 days, that is not warranty-able I am afraid. That is a act of nature. It would not be defective. The parts are not meant to be submerged. If the car was in a flood, I would contact the insurance company. They would cover any repairs needed to the car. If to much has been submerged, they may total the car as well and pay out the value of the vehicle to you.

But the first thing you would want to do if you want to try to save the car is to start by disconnecting the battery. Then using a compressor, start going through all connectors and control units and use the compressed air to blow out any water in the connectors. The Ecm and IPDM which are under the hood will most likely need to be replaced as well as many more. So you can expect this to be a expensive repair if you try to attempt it yourself. I would contact your insurance company.

Do you have any more questions on this?