Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Slip light came on speedometer quit working all of a sudden.

Customer Question

slip light came on speedometer quit working all of a sudden.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It is a Nissan frontier 2008 4x4. Just driving down the highway and the light came on (slip) and the speedometer stopped working. The truck runs fine.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Didn't know the severity of it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Not at this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The speedometer uses all the ABS sensors to determine vehicle speed and for the speedometer to operate. The Slip light is part of the ABS system.

Do you have a Volt Meter? I would like to check one thing with you. Other wise, we may need a scanner to communicate with the ABS system to see what is going on.

Let me know..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I don't know where it is.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

I can wait and hold this question open while you look for it.