Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a nissan altima 1995, and recently i replace the

Customer Question

Hello. i have a nissan altima 1995, and recently i replace the coil, distributor and cam shaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor. No the car starts but the idle is not good. But the funny part is that if i touch with my fingers underneath the distributor, just touch it, no move it or nothing, just touch it the roughness goes away, but just as i remove the hand it starts rough again and it stall. I start it again, and touch the distributor under the camshaft encase, not the metal, just the plastic and the roughness goes away and it stays in normal idle, not low, not high. What can be the problem? Thanks id advance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi Jay yes, when you connect the computer, because engine light is on, it gives the codes P1400 and Crankshaft circuit malfunction is a 1995 nissan altima the funny part is touching under the distributor the rough trhotle goes away and it stays steady and wont stall. but once i remove my hand, it stalls
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you get all of these parts after market? Can you take a picture of where you are touching to correct the ruff idle under the distributor?