Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I installed the transgo shift kit in

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I installed the transgo shift kit in my 2006 maxima valve body and my car has a hard shift . I can't really tell if it's from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I take off,it hesitates then picks up speed but hits hard shifting I think 2nd and 3rd gear.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to determine if the shift concern is an internal concern or an electronic control issue the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this issue resolved.