Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

When I put my x trail in 4 wheel drive, I get a vibration. 2

Customer Question

When I put my x trail in***** I get a vibration. 2 wheel is just fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

hey there thanks for the question.

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

There is certainly a few possibilities here, my first concern would be an issue with the transfer case itself. have you inspected the case for leaks?

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

Secondly I would check the front driveshaft u-joints, usually when the front u-joints are extremely stiff or worn there will be excessive vibration in 4wd. If you switch back to 2wd the vibration is still there its just SIGNIFICANTLY less vibration. So if thats the case start at the driveshaft and u-joints up front.

If the vibration ONLY happens in 4WD then you want to consider the transfer case and front axles as well.