Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I used my key remote to unlock my 2010 d40 navara. When I

Customer Question

I used my key remote to unlock my 2010 d40 navara. When I put it in the ignition, I turned to accessories, waited for the glow plug light to go out, turned the key to start, and lost all electrical power. The key remote would no longer work and all dash lights went out. Now to lock and unlock the doors I have to do it manually. The security light on the dash is no longer on and the light around the ignition barrel is no longer illuminated. I suspect that the battery in the key is dead and causing the immobilizer to shut off power. Would this be correct or do I have another issue?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I would like you to try this and see if this helps. Turn the head lights on. I am sure they will not turn on, but you will soon understand why I asked you to do that. Open the hood and loosen the negative battery cable and twist it side to side. If the lights come on while you are doing that, the would verify that you have a poor connection on the battery. Once the lights come on, then tighten down the negative battery cable down in a slightly different position. So if it was secured at 3 o-clock, and after you twisted and lights came on, then tighten it down at 2 o-clock. If the negative battery cable has no affect, then try the positive.

Give that a try and let me know what happens.