Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2002 Nissan Altima

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I'm working on a 2002 Nissan Altima need the location of the fuel pump relay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the car cranks and will not start I believe it's the fuel pump problem I had it running yesterday for a second on starter fluid only
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

here is the fuel pump relay location for this car

in the box under the hood

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
do I know if the fuel pump is getting power at the plug from the end of the wiring harness what is the correct positive port on the plug I only have a 12 volt test light not an ohmmeter
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

at the fuel pump when cranking it over the black/yellow should show 12 volts and the solid black should be a good ground

if those both check out then the fuel pump is bad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it seems to be getting ground and power I am just going to replace the fuel pump
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if that pumps NOT running and you have power and ground to it when cranking it over the pump is bad

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my worm until you rate us here at justanwer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed out the fuel pump car with the bill will not start where is the fuel filter on this 2002 Nissan
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

it is inside the pump assembly there do not have an external filter too change

is this pump running when you crank it over now v./s the old pump that you said was not running when cranking it over ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
as I said I change out the fuel pump the car will still not start where is the fuel filter on this 2002 Nissan Altima
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

as i said

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the car to where it will start but it will only idle for a few seconds and will not take any throttle
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The fuel pump relay is part of the IPDM. This relay is not serviceable. What is the problem with the car?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the car to where it will start but it only idles for a few seconds and will not take any throttle
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Do you know if you have any codes stored?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no no I do not know
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Well the first step for your issue to really determine the direction needed is to see if you can rent a scanner to scan the car for codes and see if you have any codes stored. Once we have the codes we can better determine the direction needed to resolve your issue.

I can keep this question open till you can do this. Does that work for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do own a scanner but I can not get to it until tomorrow will let you know thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Perfect. I will talk to you tomorrow then.

I will be online around 7 pm EST till late evening.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Talk to you then.

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!