Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My 2005 nissan sentra ser spec v is not shifting..and it

Customer Question

My 2005 nissan sentra ser spec v is not shifting..and it seems to be stuck in reverse.no matter how I move the shifter it stays in reverse..it seems like there are no gates to shift to.if I put it in first I can move straight to 5th without going up or down???
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Start with checking to see if the shift cables are moving the linkage at the transmission when you move the shiftier. See the shift cable and shiftier diagrams in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Check this and let me know what you find and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/shift%20cable%20Feb%2021.pdf