sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2012 versa hatchdoor won't open, went inside took small door

Customer Question

2012 versa hatchdoor won't open, went inside took small door on panel off and moved the little switch from left to right and still nothing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was in an accident and I hear the actuator work, but it just doesn't release, I'm guessing a cable or something might have come lose but I don't see any called on there
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A failed lath will prevent the latch from opening and under normal circumstances that would be the most likely cause, but the problem may be related to the body damage. Adjustment issues or something foreign being closed in it would also cause problems with opening it again but these things would have been apparent.

If the liftgate or body are damaged from the accident that may be preventing it from opening. What was the nature of the accident?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cut out the bumper and welded the something to pull the hatch door out with a come along, the inside looks ok I was able to remove the bottom plastic piece and expose the striker,I don't see anything there and like I said I hear the actuator and see it move when the button on the outside is pushed and have moved it manually from the inside but it just won't release.

What was the nature of the accident?