Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I'm ***** *****. My CD player and music box stopped working.

Customer Question

Hello. I'm ***** *****. My CD player and music box stopped working. After a while it'll come back on but after a minute Or two it goes back off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has bn working dine until yesterday. When trying to play the music box it only says please wait when I usually comes on soon as the car starts. The CD player does nothing at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is it just the music box that has this issue? Will it do the same thing when listening to the Radio or CD player?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The regular radio and satellite radio works perfect. It's just the music box and CD player that's acting up
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. ***** box works off of a Hard Drive. What is most likely happening is the Hard Drive is failing. Since the CD player writes to the hard drive for the music box, that is why the CD player is having issues as well. What you will need to do to resolve this issue is to have the Radio unit removed and sent out for repair. Normally this is around 1 to 2 hours labor, and the repairs normally start at around 299 unless there is a radio exchange available. If one is available, they will simply just swap your old unit for the exchange for a fee which I am not one hundred percent sure of the cost since all units are different. But that is what needs to be done to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ugh! Can I find a used one like at the junk yard. Of is that a bad idea?
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome to try. But you have to be sure you get the exact same radio assembly. Once you get it, it may require some configuring for it to operate properly. The old radio's configuration would need to be read and written to the new unit. This is why I was saying the dealer. Only the dealer can do the configuring of these units.

Your welcome to try to get a Used Radio assembly though.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!