Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have this 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 litre engine code qg18de,

Customer Question

i have this 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 litre engine code qg18de
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the intake variable timing sprockets , which I removed the 3 bolts that I am not supposed to and the plastic with the plastic inside came out . I need some expert to see this parts if he can assemble and correct it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no I need expert to put it back together
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: thats all
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

you took the three 10 mm bolts off the front of the intake timing sprocket? is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's correct and the spring came out with plastic . I returned it with three bolts and not sure if I am correct?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The sprocket is not meant to come apart. You will need to buy a new intake timing sprocket to resolve your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!