Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My2012 nissan maxima will not start. The key light comes on

Customer Question

my2012 nissan maxima will not start . The key light comes on Car has new battery that has been checked.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THE CAR WAS TOWED TO NISSAN 3 WEEKS AGO FOR SAME PROBLEM. THEY TOLD ME THE AFTERMARKET ALARM CAUSED THE PROBLEM. THE CAR WAS OK UNTILL TODAY. BY THE WAY I BOUGHT THE CAR NEW AND DID NOT PUT AN AFTERMARKET ALARM ON IT.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you added remote start, they install a after market alarm to control the remote start feature. Did you just change the battery?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
a new battery was installed
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

When you change the battery, the after market alarm that controls the Remote start becomes active. This is most likely why you are stuck now.

To get the car running, the alarm would need to be reset. To have this done, you would need to contact a Remote start or alarm installer to come and reset it. That is going to be the only way to get the car to start.

When I change the battery on this car, I never turn it off when I change the battery. I leave the car running for this reason. To many time have I run into a car that has a remote start or after market alarm which is set once the battery is disconnected.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!