rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My BCM on my Truck has ben trigered by me installing a new

Customer Question

My BCM on my Truck has ben trigered by me installing a new radio, now the truck will turn but it will.not start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You will require a factory scan to or alike to fix this problem now. Most shops have these tools with the procedure to do this. Sorry this happened to you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Security Mode is on Hiw do I take the Truck out of security mode.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

That's why I told you that a scan tool is needed to do this, it can't be done any other way.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why do you need to use a Scan tool to reset the BCM/ECU
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

That's the way it is at times if reset procedures don't work.

Thanks