Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2003 Nissan xterra 3.3litre v6 stalled out. had

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Nissan xterra 3.3litre v6 stalled out . had spark, gave it a shot of either started up couldn't here the fuel pump working put new fuel filter on and put a new fuel pump in still wont start. but still starts on either. any suggestions.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: took the fuel line of were it comes out the fuel filter gas runs out when the keys on still wont start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for using JustAnswer.com

If it runs on either, then the issue is a fuel issue. Did you happen to pull the fuel line off the engine to see if you are getting fuel up there..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when I pump in there was only a little over a quarter tank but fuel looked and smelt fine
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

That is not what I am asking. If you remove the fuel feed line to the engine, and put the line into a clear empty bottle and turn the engine over, can you see if you are getting fuel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no I just checked it from the fuel filter turn the key on it just pump out plenty of fuel I haven't tried up at the motor
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Well if the engine is getting fuel, and it only runs on starting fluid, that means there would be no injector pulse.

Did you check all fuses with a test light?