Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a nissan almera 2005 model that cranks but wont start

Customer Question

i have a nissan almera 2005 model that cranks but wont start and i also notice the alarm indicator lamp on top of the dash board does not come on
ive checked all the fues they ok any solutios please
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

The indicator SHOULD go OFF with key to ON or START position so that is good.

If the engine is cranking, but not starting I would check for spark for starters.

More often then not a crank no start condition or a LONG cranking condition is the result of a faulty or failing camshaft sensor.

Lastly, keep in mind if you moved the car a short distance and shut it off the last time you used it , it may have flooded. To clear a flood simply hold the pedal down 3/4 the way and crank the engine for 15 seconds.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No u missing the point the light on top of the dashboard does not come on at all whether the key is turned on or off
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.

That's odd, those lights almost NEVER burn out and quit working. The light timer is controlled by the immobiliser.

So if the LED is out then there could be an immobiliser issue, but for what it's worth that rarely ever happens.

To find out you can use starting fluid at the intake and see if the car fires over a few seconds. If it does, then you have an immobiliser issue cutting the injector pulse.

If NOT, then go back to my first suggestion.