internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.
63512786

, I am having trouble with my Nissan frontier, the oil

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am having trouble with my Nissan frontier, the oil pressure gauge has been replaced twice and still isn't working correct. Plus last weekend I was coming home and on a hill the truck lost power I floored it, it made a thud noise and then I could only get it to go at 20 mph and hobbled it home.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that the truck has a safety feature that will shut it down to keep from burning up the engine, if so would that be why it is only firing on 3 cylinders.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon- Nissan tech.

Is the check engine light ON?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you please scan the vehicle's computer using an OBD2 scanner.

The trouble code retrieved will give me an idea what is wrong with the car. It could be a misfire code. The scanner cost about $20- 60.

http://www.amazon.com/Autel-MaxiScan-MS309-Diagnostic-Scanner/dp/B001LHQBMC/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454242009&sr=1-3&keywords=obd2+scanner

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

When you have to code , please come back here so I can help you.