Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I own a 2002 Nissan Frontier Xe with a vg33e engine in it. a

Customer Question

I own a 2002 Nissan Frontier Xe with a vg33e engine in it. a few weeks ago i had code p0505 pop on and my idle then went crazy! barely starting up and then idling really low around 400rpm. and sometimes dying. so i bought a new Idle Air control valve. I gave tons of mechanical knowledge as i am ASE certified, and went to MMI in florida for 3 years.
Now i replaced the IACV along with a random hose under the intake plentium but that wasnt for that circuit. I got her all back together and plugged my OBDII meter on and erased all the codes and started the truck up.. still the exact same problems.. the code P0505 popped on within 5 seconds and it started running very rough. as this is my daily driver i had to have it operational i manually adjusted the idle with the set screw on the throttle body so it now idles around 900rpm so i can at least drive it without stalling out..
my question is did i forget something? is there a way to have the ECM learn the new part i installed? I remember some other nissan years back you had to go throuhg a short series of unpluigging things then turning it on and off etc for the ecm to learn the new part..
any help would be great as i need to get this vehicle inspected asap!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 10 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help .was the idle valve bunt ?