Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2008 Nissan Frontier LE i have a c1142 code pressure sensor.

Customer Question

2008 Nissan Frontier LE i have a c1142 code for brake pressure sensor. Called dealer they said they have the sensor however looking at the master cylinder there is no sensor there, nor is there even unplugged harness. Seems this vehicle never had one?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: SLIP and VCS lights are on. Read codes at the shop and only has one code for C1142. I have checked fluid is level and reset the G sensor and the steering angle sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Think this is in the ABS control unit. I saw that your question has not been answered in some time, I am sorry for that. I just got online.

There is really no such code a C1142. There is a C1140 and C1143? How are you getting this code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I really was thinking it was the complete unit. I got a c1142, c1143 and c1163. The 1143 and 1163 cleared once I reset the steering angle sensor and G sensors. Now I still have the 1142. I was under the impression the pressure sensing was handled internally in the control unit on this car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The C1143 is for the Steering angle sensor. But there is no listing for a C1142 for your year Frontier. What type of scanner are you using for that code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was using a recently updated Launch scanner
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I found the code. This is a ABS Pressure sensor which is part of the actuator assembly. So the whole abs actuator assembly would need to be replaced to resolve that code.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!