Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have Nissan altima 2010 manual transmission with 141

Customer Question

hi i have Nissan altima 2010 manual transmission with 141 kilometers on its Ode-meter, i have strange steering shake or vibration start above 100km/hand it will increase with speed increase, since that time i tried the followingreplace 4 new tires with balance and alignment, check all trims for any damage and they are goodnew four shock absorber and visual inspection for all suspension component and every things look greati can feel vibration in steering and some time the passenger can feel it also, what i have to check next...?what could be the reason for that
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are doing around 60 to 70 mph or 100 Km/h, If you put the car in neutral and coast, do you know if you would still feel the vibration? Do you want to return back after you have been able to do this?

Also, what brand tires did you install and do you know if they were road force balanced?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hi
i have tried to put shift in nutral during high speed and i still feel the same vibrationi notice vibration varied from time to time with same high speed. its dosent change even shift in gears or nutral or coast. same feeling.old are Bridgestone Tires , feel vibrationnew four tires maxiss made in taiwan also the same vibration
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i want from you what do you suspect? at least to minimize the optionsball joint? steering tie rod? sway bar bushing? linkage? etc....
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Maxiss is not a well known tire. Did you have the tires road forced balance?

Was the car aligned after the tires were done?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have did tire balancing two times also aligned within last three months with no changei feel the vibration in steering also some time passenger seat will vibrate... driving the car like that for long trip is annoyingany other suggestion
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Road force balanced is much different than a regular tire balance. Road force can measure radial imperfections in the tires and help the technician to not only balance the tire, but place the tire on the rim so it has the least amount of road force. If you have a tire with high road force, you can balance it all you want and it would still shake a tire balance issue.

This is why I am asking about the road force balance.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6iC80bVzc

Here is a video showing about road force balancing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we do not have this type of balancing in my country...in middle eastwe have only normal tire balancing and also on car wheel balancing and i did both, see videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UP97bO-MpUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC5p08jTTvo
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You are in the US aren't you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no...middle east
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

You put down in your question that you are in the US.

If you are getting up to speed say around the 100km/h.. And you put the car into neutral and coast, do you still feel the shake on the wheel?