Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Penot I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. Battery went stone dead

Customer Question

Penot I have a 2009 Nissan Murano. Battery went stone dead when trying to start. Replaced battery and now engine will not start. Sounds like it is trying to start, but will not run. Just the starter turning. Is it anti theft immobilization ? If so, how do I reset it? thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it. Engine turning but not starting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The last question I had 2 days ago was very similar. The vehicle was actual flooded cause it was turning over 2 slow to start the first time. By the time they replaced the battery there was to much fuel in the cylinders to fire.

Try doing this. Press the Accelerator pedal all the way to the floor ( when all the way pressed it kills injector pulse so fuel won't go to the engine ) and see if it almost starts. If it almost start or just about starts, let go of the gas pedal and see if start and runs.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Still looking to hear how you made out.

Let me know.