Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

How can I disable the anti theft divice on my 2002 Nissan

Customer Question

How can I disable the anti theft divice on my 2002 Nissan Altima..... I lost the original keys had replacement key and clicker made, replaced battery and still having issues, the anti theft is not allowing car to start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These keys are chip keys. If you have a replacement key made, make sure it is a chip key. Once you have a new key made it will need to be programmed to the car. This can only be done with a scanner. There is no way to disable this feature. This is system that reads the chip in the key is controlled by two control units. That is why it can't be disabled. So the car would either need to be towed to the dealer to have the key programmed, or a Mobile locksmith come to you and program it for you. That is the only way I am afraid.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have had that done, a mobile locksmith made the keys and they worked, changed the battery out, now it will act as if it's cranking but will not start up, as if the key deactivated and the anti their is back on..... I want to disable the Anti their devise all together
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

The system is integrated into the car and can't be disabled

If you put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON Position, is the security light on solid? The security light is on the top of the dash by the windshield area.

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello?